Lithium is becoming more and more popular as an important battery material with the widespread use of electronic products such as electric vehicles and smartphones. However, the electrolytic aluminum slag produced during the aluminum smelting process contains a large amount of lithium, so how to extract lithium from the electrolytic aluminum slag has become a concern. Guilin Hongcheng, as a manufacturer of aluminum electrolytic grinding mills, will chat with you today about the technology and prospects of lithium extraction by electrolytic in aluminum factories.
Development prospects of lithium extraction by electrolytic in aluminum plants: With the rapid development of the electrolytic aluminum industry, high-grade bauxite resources are gradually exhausted, and low-grade bauxite has to be used in large quantities. However, low-grade bauxite usually contains lithium, which is continuously enriched in the electrolytic cell with the alumina raw material, resulting in high lithium content in the electrolytic. With the rapid development of the new energy industry, lithium extraction from waste electrolytes has also become a research hotspot. The production of 1 ton of electrolytic aluminum produces 0.01 tons of waste slag, and the average lithium content in the waste slag is calculated as 2%. That is to say, if 1 ton of electrolytic aluminum waste slag can completely extract lithium, it can produce 0.001 tons of lithium carbonate. It is a project of turning waste into wealth with greater economic benefits and social value.
Aluminum plant electrolytic lithium extraction technology introduction: the lithium-rich aluminum electrolyte waste residue is heated and reacted with concentrated sulfuric acid, then the reacted mixture is dissolved in water, filtered, and the filtrate is added with sodium carbonate to react to obtain aluminum hydroxide and lithium carbonate, and then the lithium carbonate is transformed into lithium carbonate by carbon dioxide. In order to separate soluble lithium bicarbonate from aluminum hydroxide, the lithium bicarbonate solution is decarburized and recrystallized to obtain battery-grade lithium carbonate (the yield of lithium in this process can reach more than 90%). The hydrofluoric acid, sodium sulfate and aluminum hydroxide produced by the reaction can be used in the preparation of cryolite. The entire production line for extracting lithium from electrolytic in an aluminum plant requires a large investment, complex processes, and cumbersome approval procedures. Therefore, many individual investors focus on the raw material pretreatment project of lithium extraction from the electrolytic of aluminum factories, and sell the processed aluminum electrolytic crust powder to lithium carbonate enterprises to obtain profits from it. Guilin Hongcheng is a manufacturer of lithium electrolytic mills. The lithium electrolytic mills we produce are the main equipment for the pretreatment of lithium electrolytic raw materials in aluminum factories.
The pretreatment process of raw materials for lithium extraction by electrolytic in aluminum factories is as follows: the electrolytic cleaned on the anode is sent to the jaw crusher through the belt conveyor for the first crushing, and then the lithium electrolytic mill is used for the second crushing, and the crushed The electrolyte is screened by a vibrating screen, and the electrolytic blocks that do not meet the particle size requirements are returned to the crushing process for secondary crushing, and those that meet the particle size requirements are transported to the finished product storage bin, and sent to the electrolysis workshop by means of transportation. reuse. The Lithium Electrolytic Mill uses Hongcheng HC series pendulum mill, its advantages are:
1. In terms of output, the HC pendulum mill adopts the integral transmission of bevel gears and the linkage increase technology of grinding rollers, which greatly improves the grinding efficiency. The output of a single machine can reach 3-55 tons per hour (the hardness of the material and the fineness of the finished product are different, and the output will vary) , which is several times higher than that of the previous Raymond mill, and has lower energy consumption per unit of production capacity.
2. In terms of finished products, the HC pendulum mill adopts a new type of hanging cage-type powder separator, frequency conversion control, more precise powder selection control, and uniform and stable quality of finished powder, which can ensure the quality of lithium extracted from the aluminum plant’s electrolyte.
3. In terms of environmental protection, the air self-circulation system of the HC pendulum mill and the dust collector are two-pronged. The dust emission concentration can be controlled below 20mg/m3. It has passed the environmental protection certification of industrial products and can meet the national environmental protection production standards.
4. In terms of intelligent operation, the HC pendulum mill system adopts PLC or DCS central control system, which can monitor and control the operation of the entire production line in the central control room, including equipment start and stop, abnormal alarm, etc., to ensure normal production.
5. In terms of cost control, because the production line is highly automated, labor costs can be greatly saved, and only 2-3 people are needed in the entire workshop. In addition, the main engine and fan drive of the HC pendulum mill are lubricated with thin oil, and the oil change cycle is about once every 4 months.
At present, the HC series pendulum mill has been used in several aluminum electrolyte blocks, aluminum ash, and alumina powder production projects. You can make an appointment for on-site inspections to see the production of lithium electrolyte mills on site.