The high-quality blast furnace slag has a vitrification rate of over 95%, and the slag contains less than 0.5% of coated iron, so it has poor grindability and requires extremely high wear resistance of equipment. Therefore, the selection of slag vertical mill is a particularly important issue. So, how to choose a vertical grinding mill? As a manufacturer of slag vertical roller mill, today Guilin Hongcheng will introduce to you the comparison and analysis of slag vertical mill selection.
Because blast furnace slag has the characteristics of poor grindability and great wear and tear on equipment, the treatment of blast furnace slag is a difficult problem. So, how to choose a vertical mill? The grinding process of the vertical mill is completed by a set of grinding device (ie, grinding roller and grinding disc), and the material is ground into powder between the grinding roller and the grinding disc. The movement of the grinding device is driven by the rotation of the grinding disc and the corresponding drive of the grinding roller. The grinding pressure is not only the weight of the grinding roller, but also a set of hydraulic device to pressurize the material on the grinding disc. There is a large amount of coarse powder in the milled material. The powder is selected by the matching powder separator. The powder selection process is through airflow sorting. Grinding, and the rest are selected as finished products by the powder separator, and sent to the finished product storage through the dust collection and conveying system. Slag vertical mill selection is mainly affected by the following factors:
(1) The working principle of the vertical mill used for blast furnace slag grinding is mainly crushing and grinding, and the grinding of materials is completed through the relative movement of the grinding disc and grinding roller.
(2) The properties (mainly physical properties) of the materials to be ground directly affect the grinding efficiency of different vertical mills. The research on material performance is beneficial to the selection of vertical mill.
(3) In addition to material characteristics, factors affecting the selection of vertical mills also include production scale, power consumption, and wear and tear. should be considered comprehensively.
(4) The grinding trajectory should be verified in the actual production, so as to adjust and optimize the operation under the condition of the parameters to maximize the grinding efficiency.
It can be seen from the above that the selection of vertical slag mill should consider many factors such as production line scale, material performance, and grinding power consumption. The specific slag vertical mill selection comparison analysis is as follows:
(1) Production line scale: In principle, the vertical mill is suitable for large-scale production lines. The vertical mill integrates drying and grinding, and has the characteristics of low consumption and high output. Therefore, vertical mills of different specifications or manufacturers can be selected according to different production scales, but the comprehensive price-performance ratio must be considered.
(2) The nature of the grinding material: The selection of the vertical mill is affected by the nature of the material in two aspects: one is the ease of grinding, that is, how much force is needed and how much work is consumed; the other is the grinding process. How much wear and tear caused by the medium material on the equipment. This is reflected in the grinding power consumption and wear on the equipment. Since various vertical mills have different forms, the power consumption and wear of different mills using the same raw material will be different. The power consumption and wear of different materials on the same vertical mill must be determined through experiments. The study found that the wear of the vertical mill is directly related to the content of free silicon oxide (f-SiO2) in the material. The higher the w(f-SiO2) in the material to be ground, the greater the wear. However, the content of free silicon oxide in blast furnace slag reaches 5-8%, so its abrasion is much higher than that of raw meal. When selecting the type of slag vertical mill, the guaranteed value of wear should be considered as an important factor.
Slag vertical mill selection requires rigorous numerical analysis, equipment price, scale of slag vertical mill manufacturer and after-sales capabilities are all factors that need to be considered. As a slag vertical mill manufacturer with nearly 30 years of production experience, Guilin Hongcheng has rich experience in slag vertical mill selection. The slag vertical mill we produce has matured in the market and has been recognized and praised by slag powder manufacturers. If you want to know more about the selection of slag vertical mill, please leave us a message for details.