What is the use of waste glass after grinding? At present, the amount of waste glass produced in production and daily life is increasing day by day, which has gradually become a public hazard. Because waste glass is chemically stable, it does not rot, burn, or dissolve, nor does it naturally dissolve in the soil. As a waste glass vertical grinding mill manufacturer, Guilin Hongcheng will introduce to you today the ways to recycle glass waste.
The glass we use now is made of quartz sand, soda ash, feldspar and limestone at high temperatures. Widely used in construction, daily necessities, medical care, chemistry, electronics, instrumentation, nuclear engineering and other fields. At present, glass recycling is mainly through grinding and processing into glass powder, which is used in the following directions:
1. Processing of glass powder to make cement base material: The main component of glass is active silica, so it can have pozzolanic activity after being ground into powder, and can be used as an admixture to prepare concrete. This can not only solve the problem of disposal of waste glass, but also promote the development of green and environmentally friendly building materials. (I) Adding glass powder can prepare ultra-high-strength cement-based materials with a compressive strength exceeding 100MPa. When the glass powder content is within 20%, the compressive strength of the sample increases with the increase in glass powder content; the increase in curing temperature also helps the glass powder pozzolanic reaction, thus promoting the growth of strength. (2) Glass powder has strong volcanic ash activity and filling effect in the gelling system. It can not only fill the pores in the slurry structure, but also react to form C-S-H gel, improving the microstructure of the material and increasing the strength of the material.
2. Glass grinding and processing to make glass raw materials: waste glass is collected, sorted, and processed, and used as raw materials for glass production. This has become the main way to recycle waste glass. Waste glass can be used for the production of glass products with lower requirements on chemical composition, color, and impurities, such as colored bottle glass, glass insulators, hollow glass bricks, channel glass, patterned glass, colored glass balls and other glass products. The waste glass content of these products is generally more than 30wt%, and the waste glass content of green bottle and can products can reach more than 80wt%.
3. Glass grinding is processed to make coating raw materials: Japan Changzong Wood Fiberboard Company uses waste glass and waste tires to crush them into fine powder and mix them into coatings in a certain proportion, which can replace silica and other materials in coatings. It crushes the recycled empty glass bottles, grinds the edges and corners into safe edges, and turns them into cullet of almost the same shape as natural sand, which is then mixed with an equal amount of paint. And it gives texture and pattern that previous paints did not have. This coating can be made into water-soluble automotive coatings. Objects using this mixed waste glass paint can produce diffuse reflection when exposed to car lights or sunlight, which has the dual effects of preventing accidents and being decorative.
4. Glass grinding and processing to make glass-ceramic raw material: Crystallized glass is hard in texture, has high mechanical strength, and has good chemical and thermal stability. However, the current production costs of traditional raw materials commonly used for glass-ceramics are relatively high. Abroad, waste glass from the float process and fly ash from power plants have been successfully used to replace traditional glass-ceramic raw materials to produce glass-ceramics. This glass-ceramic is made using a technical route that combines melting and sintering: fly ash is mixed with waste glass, melted at 1400°C to form amorphous glass, quenched with water, then ground, and then heated at 810 to 850°C. Sintered at ℃, it can be made into crystallized glass with excellent mechanical properties, which is suitable for the construction field.
5. Processing of glass grinding powder to make glass mosaic: Finely grind the waste glass into glass powder, then add a certain amount of adhesive and colorant or decolorizing agent, and mix it evenly with a mixer. The batch materials are pressed into a green body using the dry pressing method. The dried green body is sent to a roller kiln, a push plate kiln or a tunnel kiln with a sintering temperature of 800 to 900°C for sintering. It generally stays in the sintering temperature zone for 15 to 25 minutes. The cooled products after leaving the kiln are inspected, laid, dried, inspected, packaged, put into storage or shipped out of the factory, while unqualified products are recycled.
6. Glass grinding processing to produce thermal insulation and sound insulation materials: Foam glass is a glassy material with small bulk density, high strength, and full of small pores. The gas phase accounts for 80%-95% of the total volume of the product, and other Compared with inorganic heat insulation and sound insulation materials, it has the advantages of good heat insulation and sound insulation properties, non-hygroscopic, corrosion-resistant, anti-freeze, non-combustible, and easy to bond and process." Its production process is to crush the waste glass and add calcium carbonate, Carbon powder - a type of foaming agent and foaming accelerator, mixed evenly, put into the mold, placed in the furnace for heating, under the condition of softening temperature of the glass, the foaming agent is added to form bubbles, and the foamed glass is made, stripped, annealed, and sawed into standard sizes.
What is the use of waste glass after grinding? Waste glass is a resource and using it in building materials is the best way to handle large quantities of glass for recycling. Current research results have shown that it is feasible to use waste glass as a mineral admixture for concrete, but it has not yet reached industrial application due to restrictions on equipment technology and other reasons. The waste glass vertical mill produced by Guilin Hongcheng is the main equipment for industrial quantitative production for glass recycling. It is used for glass grinding and powder processing. It can achieve an output of tens of tons per hour and can produce 80-600 mesh glass powder. If you have relevant needs, please leave us a message to learn more about the equipment.