The main use of ilmenite is to be processed into titanium dioxide. As the market value of titanium dioxide, a white pigment, continues to increase, the demand for ilmenite is also increasing. At present, the sulfuric acid method is mainly used to process ilmenite to produce titanium dioxide. Among them, the iron ore Raymond mill is the main crushing equipment in the process. As a manufacturer of iron ore Raymond mill, today I would like to introduce to you the application of Raymond mill in the production of titanium white sulfuric acid from ilmenite.
The production of titanium dioxide from ilmenite mainly consists of the following processes: raw ore preparation; preparation of titanium liquid; purification of titanium liquid; hydrolysis of titanium liquid; filtration, washing, bleaching and salt treatment of metatitanic acid; calcination of metatitanic acid and crushing and post-processing procedures.
(1) Raw ore preparation: It is mainly the ore dressing, enrichment and crushing processes to process the raw ore into slag powder that meets the requirements.
(2) Preparation of titanium liquid: react mineral powder with sulfuric acid, then add water and waste acid for leaching, and add iron filings (or iron powder) for reduction to obtain titanium liquid that meets the requirements of the next section.
(3) Purification of titanium liquid: mainly to remove solid phase impurities and most soluble impurities in titanium liquid, and adjust the concentration of titanium liquid to meet the requirements of hydrolysis.
(4) Hydrolysis of titanium solution: mainly to make the titanium in the titanium solution go through a hydrolysis reaction to generate metatitanic acid (hydrated titanium dioxide) precipitation.
(5) Filtration, washing, bleaching and salt treatment of metatitanic acid: separate metatitanic acid from mother liquor (waste acid), wash away soluble non-titanium impurities, and then add sulfuric acid and reducing agent to further remove trace impurities such as iron , to improve the whiteness; in addition, a salt treatment agent is added to improve the pigment performance of the product.
(6) Calcination and crushing of metatitanic acid: Mainly dehydrate metatitanic acid through calcination, desulfurization, and crystal transformation to generate titanium dioxide, and crush it to meet the quality requirements of finished or semi-finished products.
(7) Post-treatment of titanium dioxide: post-treatment of titanium dioxide is to perform various treatments on the calcined titanium dioxide according to different purposes to make up for its photoactive defects and change its surface properties. Post-processing includes classification, inorganic and organic surface coating treatment, filtration, drying, ultrafine pulverization and metering packaging, etc., so as to obtain finished titanium dioxide products with good surface properties and high dispersibility.
The application of ilmenite to titanium dioxide sulfate method Raymond mill is mainly used for the preparation of raw ore and the calcination and crushing steps of metatitanic acid. The selected ilmenite (TiO2 47%~50%) transported back from the mining area has a relatively coarse particle size and cannot directly react with sulfuric acid. Therefore, the Raymond mill is used to crush to about 320 mesh according to the technical requirements, so that the acid hydrolysis reaction can proceed smoothly and a higher acid hydrolysis rate can be obtained. There are many varieties of titanium dioxide, and the requirements for fineness are also different due to the different uses of each variety. The fineness index of coating titanium dioxide is to pass through a 320-mesh sieve, and the sieve allowance is less than 0.3%. The fineness index of electrode titanium dioxide and enamel titanium dioxide is 320 sieve, and the sieve allowance is less than 0.5%. Raymond mills are commonly used in production.
Speaking of processing advantages, the ilmenite Raymond mill has obvious application advantages. The classifier adopts a built-in large blade turbine classifier, so the efficiency of the mill can be greatly improved, and the fineness of the finished product can be adjusted between 80-400 mesh. It is a high-quality choice for processing minerals with Mohs hardness below 7 and humidity within 6%, such as ilmenite, calcite, marble, barite and other minerals. Hongcheng's new ilmenite Raymond mill has outstanding processing advantages and good performance. It has high application value in the field of ilmenite processing and is a high-quality choice for customers. If you have relevant needs, please leave us a message to learn more about the equipment.