Charcoal, also called wood-based activated carbon, is made by carbonizing wood, coal, peat and many other plant-derived raw materials that become char precursors at a temperature of several hundred degrees Celsius, and then activating them. The method of producing wood activated carbon is mainly chemical method, and the phosphoric acid activation method is often used at present. As a Raymond roller mill manufacturer, today Guilin Hongcheng will introduce to you the application of Raymond machined charcoal powder in the activated carbon production process.
1. Phosphoric acid activation method process:
(1) Impregnated sawdust. Place the sawdust into the soaking tank with a false bottom and compact it, add the prepared phosphoric acid solution, the weight ratio of material to liquid is 1:2.4~2.6. The soaking time is about 3 hours. When the material turns brown, excess acid will be released from the false bottom layer. After the wood chips are dried, they can be loaded into the furnace.
(2) Carbon activation. Commonly used equipment is a 6 to 10-hole single-layer flat-plate furnace, and carbon activation is carried out in the same furnace room. First carbonize for 1 hour, then activate for 3 hours, and turn the material every 15 to 20 minutes. The temperature of the furnace chamber is maintained at 500~600℃. The sawdust layer basically completes the carbonization process at about 220℃. A stable carbon aggregation structure is formed at 185~314℃. At 314~596℃, phosphoric acid slowly oxidizes and erodes the carbon body with the participation of oxygen, among which 380~420℃ is the optimal temperature range for activation. When the material turns dark red and emits white smoke, it can be taken out of the oven. Those with experience can judge the degree of activation based on the smell and color of the material.
(3) Acid recovery. After the activated material comes out of the furnace, add a little acrylic acid liquid and stack it for 20 minutes before moving it to the recovery tank. rinsing. The activated material after acid recovery is washed away the sediment and residual acid in the rinsing tank, and then placed in a rinsing tank with a wooden frame for further rinsing to pH 3~5. If necessary, it is boiled with steam for 1~2 hours.
(4) Dehydration and drying. The wet carbon has a moisture content of about 60% to 68% after being dehydrated by a centrifuge. It is briefly dried and then dried to a moisture content of 10%. And note that it must be cooled before stacking, otherwise hot charcoal will easily ignite spontaneously.
(5) Crushed packaging. The dry carbon is crushed to the required particle size by a ball mill or Raymond mill, and then it can be packaged.
(6) Quality inspection. To monitor quality in a timely manner. After rinsing, samples are taken, dried and ground for inspection, and the finished products are sampled for re-inspection.
2. The application of Raymond machined charcoal powder in the activated carbon production process mainly lies in the crushing and packaging step. Experience shows that carbon crushed by Raymond machine has a faster filtration speed, mainly because the particles are rod-shaped. Therefore, Raymond mill is usually used to process charcoal powder in the activated carbon production process.
As a manufacturer of Raymond mills, activated carbon Raymond mills such as Raymond mills and HCQ enhanced Raymond mills produced by Guilin Hongcheng have been widely used in the activated carbon production process and have a good reputation. It has high production capacity, good grinding efficiency and good particle shape, and is favored by the market. If you have relevant purchasing needs, please leave us a message to learn more about the equipment.