At present, new silicone materials are developing rapidly, with a vast market and considerable profits. In the production process of this type of product, silicon is the main raw material, often in bulk form, that is, granular form, such as silica sand, silica powder, etc. Due to the high chemical purity of the silicon raw material block, the cost is high, and the hardness of silicon is high, so the cost of sand making and powder making is also high. So, can Raymond roller mill grind silicon powder? Today, Guilin Hongcheng, an equipment manufacturer with rich experience in Raymond roller mill of silica powder, will analyze and answer your questions.
Can Raymond mill grind silicon powder? sure. Silicon blocks are used as raw materials to produce silicon powder, which is used to prepare silicone monomers. There are many methods. Among them, the ones with better effects and more applications are: Raymond method, counter-roller method, disc grinding method and punching spin method. Use The corresponding equipment is: Raymond mill, roller mill, disc mill (vertical mill) and punching and rotating machine. In terms of its powder making principles, the first three are extrusion crushing, and the latter one is impact crushing. In terms of their structure, they are very different, each has its own characteristics, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. When used in silicon powder production, they show their respective adaptability and technical economy. The activity of silicon powder obtained by different powdering methods is different. The factors that determine activity are: microstructure of powder particles, specific surface area, particle size gradation and production and use effects.
1. Microstructure: Silicon whose chemical composition meets the requirements has obtained the best microstructure during refining to ensure that it has the best activity to participate in the synthesis reaction, that is, its nature or natural performance. When making powder, it is necessary to minimize the deterioration of its natural microstructure, reduce the deformation of its grains and grain groups, so that most of the silicon powder can still maintain its original natural microstructure, and basically stabilize or improve its Original natural microstructure. The particle shape of Raymond machined silica powder is flat and smooth with few cracks.
2. Specific surface area: The specific surface area of powder particles is the surface area occupied by unit mass, measured in m/g. It is an important indicator of the ability to participate in chemical reactions. Silicon powder has a large specific surface area, reacts with methyl chloride, etc., and has a large contact surface. The synthesis process is more complete and easier to control. The utilization rate of silicon is high and the consumption rate of silicon is low, thus showing its high activity. Therefore, the specific surface area has become an important indicator of the activity of silica powder. Among them, Raymond machined silica powder can reach a specific surface area of 0.26, which meets the production needs of active silica powder.
3. Particle gradation: The direct synthesis reaction of organic silicon is completed step by step in the fluidized state. The particle size of the material gradually changes, the surface is constantly updated, and the reaction is continuous. Its thickness plays an important role in the reaction and completeness. Therefore, the thickness of silicon powder should be matched into particle sizes in order to obtain the best effect. Each manufacturer formulates corresponding particle size grading according to process requirements. Therefore, the powdering method must ensure that the particle size composition is adjustable, the yield is high, and the processing cost is low. Among various silica powder making methods, Raymond machine processes silica powder with good particle gradation.
4. Surface protection: The surface of silicon powder needs active protection. There are two principles:
(1) It is beneficial to the synthesis process and operation and requires the silicon powder to have good activity.
(2) It is conducive to explosion protection and requires that the activity of silicon powder should not be too high. Silicon has strong oxidizing properties, especially in powder form, and can easily cause explosions and accidents.
From this, two methods of silicon powder protection are derived:
(1), Nitrogen protection. Nitrogen (containing 7% oxygen) is introduced into the powder making system to protect the silicon powder surface from excessive oxidation and obtain better activity. At the same time, it is easy to keep loose and dry, which is conducive to transportation and activity. And nitrogen is recycled. For example, a Raymond machine produces silicon powder, and most of the exhaust gas is returned to the system for recycling.
(2) Closed system under atmospheric conditions. Without protective gas, air and silicon enter the pulverizing system at the same time, maintaining negative pressure operation, and then obtaining silicon powder and discharging the air (not recycled). Raymond machining silica powder is used in production practice and has good benefits.
From the above conclusion, it can be seen that the Raymond mill is an ideal choice for processing silicon powder, with the advantages of good reliability, low processing cost, low unit energy consumption, and high output. As a manufacturer of Raymond machines, the HC series and HCQ series swing-type Raymond machines produced by Guilin Hongcheng have rich customer cases and good reputation in the silica powder processing industry. If you want to know more about the production of Raymond machines processing silica powder For equipment details, please leave us a message.