Attapulgite is a kind of clay ore mainly composed of hydrous magnesium-rich silicate with fibrous texture layer chain transition structure, which belongs to sepiolite group in mineralogy. Attapulgite clay has been widely used in petroleum, chemical industry, building materials, papermaking, medicine, agriculture and other fields due to its special physical and chemical properties and technological performance. So, how to process attapulgite? As a manufacturer of attapulgite mill, Guilin Hongcheng will introduce to you today the application of attapulgite mill in the processing technology of attapulgite.
Attapulgite Grinding Mill, welcome to leave a message or consult [email protected]
How to process attapulgite? Different types of attapulgite clay have great changes in mineral composition, chemical composition and physical and chemical properties of the clay in the horizontal and vertical directions of the ore body, and their processing and utilization must be mined in layers according to the type of ore, and processed and utilized separately. In this way, high-quality ore can be preferentially used in high value-added products, resource waste can be avoided, and comprehensive utilization of resources can be realized.
1. High-quality attapulgite clay
Raw material characteristics: Attapulgite content is greater than 85%, the main impurities are micron detrital quartz, feldspar, and a small amount of authigenic opal and dolomite.
Processed products: series of attapulgite nanomaterials and derivative materials.
Technical key: Attapulgite parallel growth presents a crystal beam structure, the key is to promote the depolymerization of crystal beams.
Technical route: wet depolymerization dispersion, purification, modification, nanocomposite.
Processing technology: pulping - steam explosion - (solvent heat treatment, acid treatment) - cyclone separation impurity removal - recovery - modification.
Applications of attapulgite nanomaterials:
(1) Plastic injection molding crystallization accelerator. The accelerator is a plastic master batch composed of attapulgite and plastic particles (content 5%-10%), and the amount of attapulgite added to the final plastic product is 0.2%-0.3%. Its function is to promote the crystallization speed in the plastic injection molding process, modulate the plastic crystal structure, improve the strength of industrial thermoplastics, and increase the molding efficiency by 200%-300%.
(2) Nano-rod-shaped active silica for anode separators of lithium-ion batteries. After the hydrochloric acid dissolves the magnesium, aluminum and iron in the octahedron of the attapulgite crystal structure, the false crystal form of the attapulgite remains. The nanorod-shaped active silica battery prepared by adding attapulgite to the anode separator material of lithium-ion battery exhibits excellent performance.
(3) Advanced grease additives. The attapulgite nano-materials obtained by depolymerization, dispersion and purification are organically modified to obtain organophilic materials, which have great development prospects when added to solid lubrication. It has the function of thixotropy, nano-particle lubrication and anti-friction, and the self-repair function of nano-magnesium-rich minerals on cylinder wear.
(4) Conductive additives for polymer materials. The attapulgite nanomaterial obtained by depolymerization, dispersion and purification is coated with conductive enhanced nanoparticles to obtain conductive enhanced material, which is added to plastics. After the attapulgite rod-shaped crystals are coated with conductive enhanced nanoparticles, a three-dimensional conductive network is formed in polymers such as plastics, which reduces the resistivity of the material and eliminates electrostatic hazards.
(5) Mayan blue pigment. Attapulgite is a kind of pigment formed by compounding with indigo and its similar organic dye molecules. Organic dye molecules are strongly chemically combined with attapulgite, and the Mayan blue-like pigment has the advantages of acid and alkali resistance and aging resistance. It can be used as paint for art works, restoration of ancient buildings, building decoration, etc.
2. Opal attapulgite clay
Raw material characteristics: The main mineral components are attapulgite and opal, the content of opal is more than 35%, and the main impurities are authigenic dolomite and montmorillonite.
Dry beneficiation process: According to the different water physical properties of attapulgite and opal, artificially strengthen the alternate weathering of dry humidity, and divide the material into two parts through self-crushing, selective crushing and screening: attapulgite-rich material and opal-rich material.
Processing products and applications of attapulgite-rich materials:
(1) Catalyst purification of volatile organic compounds (VOC)-formaldehyde adsorbent. Active components such as attapulgite nanocomposite perovskite have strong adsorption and catalytic oxidation of VOC. It can be used for deep purification of VOCs in high-temperature flue gas, and can also be used for indoor purification of VOCs such as formaldehyde.
(2) Foam stabilizer for foam flooding. Foam flooding oil recovery is a new oil recovery technology, which is being popularized and applied in major oil fields. Foam has high stability under high temperature and pressure in deep underground layers, which is the key to oil recovery by foam flooding. Because attapulgite belongs to nano-rod crystals, has high thermal stability, salt resistance, and heat-resistant unique colloidal properties, attapulgite nanomaterials have great application prospects in the field of foam stabilizers for foam flooding.
(3) Insulating glass desiccant, grease decolorization adsorbent. Attapulgite-rich materials recovered from opal attapulgite clay ores contain a small amount of opal, including Opal-CT and OpalA, and opal and attapulgite are interwoven and mosaic. For the production of hollow glass desiccant, materials with a slightly higher opal content can be used, with a certain particle strength, crushing, screening, polishing, calcination, can avoid difficult ball granulation, and improve the productivity and cost of hollow glass desiccant . Used in the production of oil decolorization adsorbent, due to the existence of a small amount of opal, the oil holding capacity of the filter cake in the oil-soil separation process after the decolorization operation is reduced, which can reduce the loss rate of oil decolorization in oil decolorization.
Opal Rich Material Processing Products and Applications:
(1) Liquid water glass. Opal-rich materials are predominantly opal with a small amount of attapulgite. Opal is mainly Opal-CT. Opal-CT is leaf-shaped and has high alkali reaction activity, and can produce water glass through hydrothermal dissolution of sodium hydroxide. Liquid water glass can be used to produce desiccants, binders for packaging cartons, and building materials.
(2) Synthetic zeolite molecular sieve. In the liquid water glass produced by hydrothermal alkali dissolution of opal-rich material sodium hydroxide, aluminum-rich raw materials are added in proportion, and the mixed solution is hydrothermally synthesized into zeolite molecular sieves. Synthetic zeolite molecular sieves are widely used in industrial fields.
3. Dolomite attapulgite clay
Raw material characteristics: rich in dolomite and attapulgite, containing a small amount of opal, and the content of dolomite is more than 35%. Dolomite micron-submicron particle size, with nano-pore structure characteristics, attapulgite and dolomite mosaic symbiosis.
Processing method: nanostructured, activated by roasting.
Processed products: series of environmentally friendly materials.
Key technology: particle size is coupled with thermal activation temperature and time to achieve target phase combination and nanostructure.
Dolomite attapulgite clay application:
(1) Granular phosphorus removal adsorbent, eutrophic water treatment;
(2) Granular heavy metal fixative to treat wastewater containing heavy metals;
(3) Soil remediation agent, in-situ passivation of soil Cd and Pb;
(4) Acid spill emergency treatment agent and acid gas treatment agent.
Attapulgite processing technology: Attapulgite raw materials are first crushed by a crusher. After the material is crushed to the required particle size by the crusher, the material is sent to the storage hopper by the elevator, and then the material is evenly and continuously sent to the main grinding room of the attapulgite mill by the vibrating feeder. Due to the centrifugal force during rotation, the grinding The roller swings outwards and presses against the grinding ring, and the spatula scoops up the material and sends it between the grinding roller and the grinding ring, and achieves the purpose of crushing due to the rolling of the grinding roller. The fine powder after material grinding is brought into the analyzer for sorting along with the circulating air of the blower, and the material that is too fine falls back for regrinding, and the qualified fine powder enters the finished cyclone powder collector with the airflow, and is discharged through the powder outlet pipe That is the finished product. Guilin Hongcheng attapulgite grinding mill is an important equipment for attapulgite processing technology. It can process 80-2500 mesh attapulgite powder and has been widely used in attapulgite processing technology. If you have attapulgite processing needs and need to purchase attapulgite mill, please leave us a message for equipment details.